"Instead of narrowing your world and simplifying your soul, you will have to absorb more and more of the world and at last take all of it up in your painfully expanded soul, if you are ever to find peace."
Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
I’ve gotta start waking up earlier and starting my day at the coffee shop with a good book and a good cup of coffee.
"Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world"
Miyamoto Musashi (via stxxz
things to remember, n.m.
- Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
- Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
- Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
- Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
- You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
- That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
- Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
- It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
- I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
- Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
Gotta get my yoga game back!
View of Rome and St. Peter’s dome from the top of the Spanish Steps.
(Seriously, go to the steps EARLY. Like, before the sun comes up. There will be no one there.)
Piazza di Spagna, Rome
Miso and Soba Noodle Soup with Roasted Sriracha Tofu and Shiitake Mushrooms…RECIPE
"Honestly, do what you want. If you want to kiss your crush do it, if you want to get drunk with your friends do it, if you want to have sex do it, if you want to smoke marijuana do it, if you want to do well in school do it. If you don’t want to do these things, don’t do it. It’s okay to do these things but its also just as fine not to. Do whatever you want to make you happy. It’s your life, not anyone else’s."
Me (via frowlic)
Wait, this is amazing.