Glad to be home :)
So I keep seeing this Audrey Hepburn quote showing up:
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”
I like the quote, I really do. And I identify with it. I love pink. And I love kissing! Don’t even get me started about laughing. Who doesn’t love that? But, I want to elaborate on it a little. And I want to write some of the things I believe in— a few things a little beyond pink and prettiness, calorie burning and smooching. Partially for elaborations sake. But partially for memory’s sake—for times when I forget what I believe in. It happens to all of us at one point, I think. We hit that point when we feel like strangers within our own skin—unsure of our wants, wishes, principles or values. Well, for when that time comes, I want to be prepared.
So, without much further ado, here is what I believe in.
- I believe in family. I believe that family comes first—they’re the true blues, and they’re here to stay.
- I believe in compassion. You’ve been through it, they’re going through it now.
- I believe you should always say goodnight. You never know about tomorrow.
- I believe you can achieve anything if you work hard enough.
- I believe in black and brown together. Same goes for black navy. Not a faux-pas, people!
- I believe in second chances, not third. Second time is their mistake, third time is yours.
- I believe dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a girl, loose enough to show you’re a lady.
- I believe in good grammar. Check twice.
- I believe in good humor. Laugh often.
- I believe in please and thank yous. It’s just nice!
- I believe anything goes after 12pm. No judging, no regretting.
- I believe dogs win, Sorry, cats. I kind of hate you.
- I believe that intelligence is sexy.
- I believe in responding to text messages. Stop playing mind games, biotch.
- I believe everyone has good in them.
- I believe in kindness. Everyone is going through their own personal battle that you have no idea about. Be the goodness in their day.
- I believe that judging is foolish. Deep down, we’re all freaks of nature.
- I believe the difficult is the good; the difficult is how you learn.
- I believe in sparkles; sometimes life lacks it. That’s why you should wear it!
- I believe in helping each other—we’re all in this together.
- I believe in actions with words. Showing and telling.
- I believe in hand writing. It’s important. And pretty.
- I believe in food. In large quantities.
- I believe in a good haircut.
- I believe in believing. Today, the world is lacking believers. Innocence is dwindling and softness is hardening. Faith has turned cynical and principles have seemed to vanish. But I believe what’s most important now more than ever is believing; to purely and simply believe.
I dont know.
Down for some winter camping. Maybe warming up after with some cocoa and baileys. Who’s in?